Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer School

Saying you like summer school is a bit like buying a bumper sticker that says "I love my wife", you are trying to convince yourself and everyone around you that summer school is really awesome, and that you are proud of your decision to commit to it.  Nobody likes summer school.  I have already gone through summer semester I (I had cataloging with no a/c part of the time, riveting), and am now plowing through summer II.  However unpleasant summer school may be due to the daily, compact nature of the beast, it is over relatively quick.  Three weeks of pressure beats four months of drawn out projects and busy work is a no brainer if you have the ability to not work for a short time.  Summer school is difficult, almost impossible, without a job.  The whole process has not been that fun, but (fingers crossed) I will have finished 1/3 of the program this summer.  So, if nothing else, I can say that when it is all over summer school has been good for me.  The extended metaphor between the bumper sticker and summer school broke down around the middle of that last sentence.
This video isnt about summer school, but it is from a movie with summer in the title and its Paul Rudd so there
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND7yJ7sMosk

No comments:

Post a Comment